If you’re similar to a lot of homeowners, you want your property to be secure 24/7. but, will a home security system work in Bakersfield?
The quick answer: you bet. That is if you install the best security system. Not only can the alarms and sensors give excellent peace-of-mind, the modern equipment offer a level of responsiveness and control you may not have thought about previously. By using home automation, video surveillance, and remote access through a mobile app, you will make your time [[easier|simpler] and more secure while also saving money on energy bills.
Let's pause a minute to see why a home security system from Secure24 Alarm Systems is a great plan for your house.
Necessary Security Components
To know your Bakersfield home security system works to its potential, you have to get these necessary security devices:
- Window and door sensors: You might find this surprising, but many thieves break into your house right through your front door. The other two most recurrent points of entry are backyard doors and lower-level windows. For these reasons, window and door sensors are deemed the base of your home security system. When the security system is activated and your door sensors are tripped, the unmistakable, high-decibel siren will sound and your round-the-clock monitoring agents will be notified.
- Touchscreen central hub: Gone are the unresponsive number pads, as modern smart screens now run your entire system. These touch screens will also manage your home automation, security cameras, and monitoring.
- smartphone app: The biggest security system allow you manage every part of your home security through a smartphone app. Now if a sensor or alarm senses something unusual, you can see an instant notification to your mobile device. Also, arm and disarm your alarms anywhere, schedule your smart door locks, adjust the thermostat and more.
- Home security signs and window decals: While there isn’t automation in a yard sign or a window sticker, they do alert a potential burglar that your home is secure.
But Will A Home Security System Lower Your Risk Of A Break-In?
While it might feel like an exaggeration to install alarms and set-up an app on your smartphone when you have door locks and reside in a safe town, the studies support the notion that an alarm system will still secure your home. For example, a study out of Rutger University says that most burglars will actively steer clear of properties with a home security system installed. They’ll instead look to break-into a faster home that is left unprotected.
That backs up with statistics from the National Council For Home Safety and Security. Their research states that most burglarized properties do not use a security system. In fact, unprotected homes are 300% more likely to be broken into than homes that have an alarm system. And while showing that your home has a system helps dissuade break-ins, other things -- like smart locks and a doorbell security cameras -- can also make your house unappealing to thieves.
Of course, modern home security systems can do more than buzz an alarm. Nowadays you have some advanced components and services that make a security system safe and secure.
24-hour Monitoring Is The Best Backup To Your Alarms
Does a security system work in Bakersfield without round-the-clock monitoring? Having a constant vigilance is always the best ideas and 24/7 monitoring from ADT professionals can make certain the authorities come quicker after a tripped device.
Monitoring professionals can protect you day or night -- whether you are home or not. If you’re out and can’t hear an alarm, they’ll notify you and the emergency agency after a triggered component. Even when you’re in the house, you can make sure family members and furry companions are all wrangled up.
Install The Same Monitored Services For Fire, Flood, and Medical Emergencies
When you get your home security, you have the option to get more than security alarms. equipment like fire alarms, carbon monoxide detectors, and flood sensors can be connected to your main system. If an disaster is sensed, your sensors will trigger just like your security alarms. Specifically, the loud signal rings, your 24/7 monitoring experts are pinged, and a text will come to your mobile device.
You can even use a panic button, which is conveniently attached to you or a family member through a pendant, wrist band, or shirt clip. If you have a fall risk or a medical risk, they can simply employ a two-finger button to call the monitoring team.
Get Security, Convenience And Energy Savings With Home Automation
Modern automation components can bring you a tier of control and convenience you’ve never got before. They will make your home more energy-efficient and intelligent. And when you link automation to your security system, they can also make your property that much safer. For example:
- Schedule your smart bulbs to make it seem like your home is inhabited when you’re on vacation.
- Have your indoor smart lighting illuminate as your doorbell camera detects unusual motion.
- Use geolocation to secure your smart locks, flip off your living room lights, and decrease the thermostat when you leave the house.
- Make customized scenes that can pre-set your lights, thermostat, alarms, and other devices with one hit of a button.
- Or simply check on all your components and set your components through your security app.
Add that to the energy you’ll save with home automation, and you’ll see how much you need a state-of-the-art home security in Bakersfield. You can even control your system with vocal commands when you connect your security system to your Echo or Google Home.
Maintain An Eye On Your Property With Wireless Security Cameras
Signs, decals, and proper lighting are great home invasion disincentives, but security cameras will take your defense to a better place. The furthest thing a burglar wants is to be seen on camera as the 30-second clip may be used against them in a criminal case. You can pick from outdoor, indoor, and doorbell cameras, all which allow you to see live feeds 24-hours a day.
Do you want to investigate the commotion you heard in the yard? Would you want to greet the kids after school? Has the groceries been delivered yet? All you have to do is to get the live feed from your ADT Control app. You might also allow notifications on your mobile device whenever a visitor approaches or your cameras sense sudden motion. Then speak with who’s there with the two-way talk feature on the camera.
How To Custom-Build Your Home Security In Bakersfield?
Need help in customizing a home security that works in Bakersfield? Our home security professionals will assist in building the perfect alarms, automation, and video surveillance that can be incorporated into one comprehensive package. Contact us directly at (661) 231-6886 or complete the form below.