How to Get the Most From Your Security Cameras In Bakersfield
Home security cameras can solely be used as a deterrent—something that informs burglars or intruders that “we’re always watching.” Or you can optimize your home security cameras to tighten your home’s defenses.
Luckily, the latest security cameras are armed with an array of tools all tailor-made to deliver total protection for your family. Whether it’s recording functionality and 2-way audio or infrared night vision and fast action motion detection, these additions enable you to get the most from home security cameras in Bakersfield.
How To Set Up Your Bakersfield Video Surveillance For Top-Of-The-Line Protection
Mounting your home security cameras on the optimal points around your living space is the right place to jump in at with home security.. Indoor security cameras need to be placed in high traffic spots like the kitchen or family room. It’s also a great notion to set a camera near main doors, stairs, or other common areas intruders would have to move around to access the rest of your home. Outdoor security cameras should provide a clear view of your front door, drive, and backyard, garage, and other exterior separated constructions, like sheds. And you can easily see a view of your front door via a discreet doorbell camera.
There are places within your interior that are less imperative to surveil such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements. Even if you have valuables in your bedroom, installing a camera in the room may hinder your privacy. Consider adding window or motion detectors if you desire a measure of device in bedrooms.
Additions That Enhance Security Cameras
Device layout is only the first step in extracting the utmost from home security cameras in Bakersfield. The additions listed below help to elevate security and increase overall home security.
- Motion detection: Receive automatic alerts on your phone whenever abnormal motion is sensed. You can also program cameras to begin capturing footage when activity is detected which helps add to camera recording time.
- Recording and storage: Program your home security cameras to film and back up clips to the cloud for easy playback later.
- 2-way audio: Nearly all of current security cameras have a built-in mic and speaker so you can actually converse with guests with the device. Through your security app, you can act like you’re inside or welcome your kids as they get back from school.
- Wide angle lens: Field of view, or how wide camera the lens can see, allows for a more comprehensive look at any space. Check for cameras that have at least 120-degree angle lens or that can pan all the way around for superior visibility.
- Night vision: Ensure your security cameras are equipped with either LED or infrared sensors that can produce clips of overnight activity.
- Activity zones: Activity zones offer you the freedom to guard single spots within your house.. For example, you can configure your doorbell camera to alert you of movement taking place on your yard or your driveway and ignore animals passing or anyone on the sidewalk.
- Mobile app: mobile app, like ADT Control®, enable you to watch live camera feeds, move cameras, power or disengage the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app can send up-to-date alerts when the sense something unusual taking place around your house.
Optimize Your Home Security Cameras Today
Getting the most out of your video surveillance in Bakersfield is simpler. From ultra fast motion detection to two-way talk, your security system can go from merely a deterrent to a powerful defense. Call (661) 231-6886 or submit the form below to begin building your home security system today.