Where are the most effective locations to place your home security cameras in Bakersfield? Generally, there are three major regions of your residence for camera installations: your principal entryway, the exterior space around your home, and key interior rooms. Even though your security installer is able to advise where you should begin, here's a quick guide of where to place your home security cameras at your home.
Always Safeguard Your Front Door
While it may seem crazy that an intruder would make an effort to just stroll through primary entrance, 34% of intrusions happen at the front door. There are also porch pirates among other threats to deal with. Doorbell surveillance is perfect to tackle all of these possibilities with crystal clear high-def, wide-angle capabilities.
Video doorbells are even more beneficial as you can speak with all guests who walk up and ring the bell. With the help of your security app, like ADT Control, you have the option to answer every ring with two-way communications and real-time footage and appear to be at home. In the event a person attempts something questionable, you will have your camera instantly document the event on video and deliver it to your smartphone with a text message.
Plan Ahead to Maximize Coverage With Your Exterior Cameras
Determining where to place home security cameras around your property can be a daunting assignment. Luckily, there are some useful recommendations to greatly increase the likelihood that your home is defended properly.
- Cameras at the corners of your Bakersfield house offer a better viewing angle, letting you see two segments of your exterior.
- Right under an eave or directly into a piece of siding or exterior trim are excellent options for cameras as they will be partially hidden by the edge of your house.
- On top of your garage, since the garage door is a more enticing passageway for burglars than you might believe!
- Overlooking a patio or rear door -- or any doorway not visible from the road.
In each of these spots, be sure to cut back any brush and branches that might obstruct your view.
Suggestions To Enjoy The Most From Your In-Home Cameras
You have a wider range of choices on where to place home security cameras on the interior of your property in Bakersfield. But the additional flexibility means you have additional aspects to consider:
- Windows and Sunlight: Even though you should be certain your windows are closed and locked, the natural light through a window can create a glare and impact the clarity of your surveillance footage. Direct the front of your camera away from direct sunlight to avoid this.
- Take the High Road: Similar to a watchtower, a surveillance device installed in a high place will produce a broader view. Consider putting your cameras on top of bookcases or mounted on the upper reaches of a wall.
- Choose Unreachable and Secure Locations: Your camera will lose its ability to safeguard your home if anything happens to it. Set your indoor units in locations where little ones and house pets have no ability to mess with them. Consider mounting or a different method of securing them to ensure they won’t wobble if accidentally bumped.
- Use Plants and Decor to Your Advantage: The best surveillance system will fail to be of much use if there is a plant blocking the view. However, interior decor and plant life may be a perfect way to conceal your recording devices. Just make sure they don’t keep the camera from doing its job!
Secure24 Alarm Systems Knows Where To Place Your Home Security Cameras
For expert installation of your home security cameras and additional security components, enlist the experienced technicians at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We'll help install the ideal plan for your whole house -- safeguarding all areas. Simply contact (661) 231-6886 or complete the following form to start your project.